- Before games, had to make sure that fields were lined correctly
- Helped work a training camp for younger kids where they learned how to throw, bat, and catch correctly
- Umpired games
- Inspect sporting equipment and/or examine participants in order to ensure compliance with league safety regulations.
- Monitored play to oversee the safety of players and ensure the AFL rules are followed.
- Actively participated in program related events, meetings and staff trainings.
- Required strong communication skills
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of children.
- Officiating games in order to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Inspecting sporting equipment and/or examining participants in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Keeping track of event times including elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Signaling participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play or competition.
- Remaining calm under pressure in order to continue making precise calls.
- Calming down excitable coaches and/or family members in a respectful, yet firm manner.
- Weekly attendance of games.
- Communication with players, coaches and fellow umpires.
- Demonstrating positive and non-bias attitudes to either team.
- Checking players and courts for safety regulations.
- Running and attending umpire training sessions for younger students
- Mentoring and supervising trainee umpires
- Officiate at baseball games to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Judge performances in the players
- Keep track of game times, starting or stopping play when necessary, scoring penalties, and determine results.
- Compile scores and other player records.
- Teach and explain the rules and regulations governing a specific sport to the younger players and older players alike.