- Communicate between coaches, players, and parents to maintain a healthy, fun, and safe environment for the children to play in.
- Maintain the integrity of and enforcing the rules of the game that players and coaches need to abide by.
- Making quick judgement calls and sticking with them no matter the scrutiny.
- Making sure that all players are properly equipped to play the game without becoming injured.
- Research and study players and teams to anticipate issues that might arise in future engagements.
- Judge performances in sporting competitions to award points, impose scoring penalties and determine results.
- Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.
- Inspect equipment to detect wear and damage and perform minor repairs, adjustments or maintenance tasks such as checking nails, checking court hazards and ball ual
- Conflict resolution and advanced, efficient communication.
- Decision making in high-pressure situations.
- Training and mentoring less experienced umpires.
- Rostering and organising umpires for competitions.
- Keep track of event times, and elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Keep players, coaches and parents calm when tensions are high. This kind of conflict happened regularly, and there were many times when I had to take charge.
- I was an Umpire for youth kids ages from 7-13
- I worked 5 games a week
- Attend scheduled practice or training sessions throughout the season.
- Keep informed of changes and updates to rules and regulations.
- Adhere to the governing bodies guide of regulations.
- Maintain optimum physical fitness levels by training regularly,
- Officiate at sporting events, games, and competitions, to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Keep track of event times, including injury times and elapsed time , starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Signal participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play.