- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Arrange properties, furniture, merchandise, backdrops, or other accessories
- Answer questions about product features and benefits.
- Attend training sessions or corporate planning meetings to obtain new ideas for product launches.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers’ needs.
- Explain products and prices and demonstrate use of products.
- To provide customer service in the Homeline dept
- Unload freight from warehouse to sales floor
- Receive payment by cash, check, or credit cards for all purchases.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
- Keep records of purchases, sales, and requisitions.
- Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Dress mannequins for displays.
- Change or rotate window displays, interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
sales associate/ customer service rep
- Calculate and quote charges for services and products
- Perform clerical duties such as typing and proofreading
- Operate paging systems or other systems of bells or buzzers to notify departments of incoming calls.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals, correspondence, or other information required by management or governmental agencies.