- Supporting the development of safety policies and programs
- Advising and instructing on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conducting risk assessment and enforcing preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize safety training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Plan and implement OHS policies and programs
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct risk assessment
- Handle industrial hygiene, equipment protection, machine guarding and other health and safety programs.
- Handle safety assessments and deploy corrective measures to minimize hazard risk profile.
- Report to Metals Recycling Business Health and Safety Director with dotted line to operations.
- Administer MRB safety policies and develop uniform safety practices as per long term company safety goals.
safety officer / sales
- Offer quality product safely and effectively and decrease errors and accidents and increase profits.
- Achieve health and safety management excellence.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Ensure all main contractor(s) comply with standard regulatory and legislations.
- Attend kick-off meeting, progress meeting and conduct monthly safety meeting with all main contractor(s).
- Compile monthly safety report, audit report and present to management.
- Enforce preventative measures