- Develop and enforce OSHA policies to promote safety awareness
- Administrative tasks to ensure deadlines, quality standards, proper procedures, and correcting errors or problems
- Direct and file property damage claims and analyze risk
- Manage projects such as Walmart Employee Safety Eyewear program
- Strong customer service skills
- Develop and manage monthly Safety Review Meetings
- Update and manage safety equipment certifications
- Manage driver bonuses
- Manage MSHA quartlery reports
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, type 60+wpm, First Aid/CPR certified, OSHA10 certified, completed Drug-Free Workplace Supervisor training, Silica training
- Strong data management skills
- Daily Toolbox Talks/Safety Meeting
- Work Site Inspections
- Create Safe Working Site For Employees
- Inspect Fall Protection Equipment
- Manage Personal Protection Equipment
- First-Aid Tech
- Develop and implement saftey plans based on trianing experience and knowledge.
- Fill out and maintain paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms.
- Conduct monthly fire drills and quartley earthquake, tornado and intruder drills.
- Installed cameras in classrooms, corridors and all exterior doors. Main entrance door activated by push button after person identifies themself on camera.
safety coordinator / claims specialist
- Manage workers compensation claims and assist with safety and loss prevention
- Identify cause of incidents and make recommendations on how to improve conditions and eliminate future risk
- Work with safety department to investigate incidents and thoroughly document claim details
- Evaluated the extent of liability with each incident
- Develop a plan of action, monitor each claim and administer the return to work program
- Implementation of safety training
- Issue violation notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications.