restaurant hostess/ server
- Moved and set up seating, prepared extra silverware and prior to arrival of lard groups.
- Answered customers questions, recommended items and recorded order information.
- Collected payment for food and drinks served, balanced cash receipts and maintained accurate cash drawer.
- Presented menus to patrons promptly after seating and answered questions about menu items, making recommend upon request.
- Processed orders and sent to kitchen employees.
- Maintained thorough menu knowledge to sufficiently answer questions regarding menu item sourcing, ingredients and cooking methods.
- Cleaning of dining room before and after service.
restaurant hostess/ server/cashier
- Cleaning of dining room before and after service
- Presented menus to patrons promptly after seating and answered questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Collected payment for food and drinks served, balanced cash receipts and maintained accurate cash drawer
- Maintained thorough menu knowledge
restaurant hostess/ server assistant
- Wrote the specials and decorate/clean hostess station
- Welcomed and greeted guests as they arrived and escorted guests to their seats; ensured that guests receive quality service
- Assigned tasks to the serving personnel(s) for smooth running of the business; monitored the activities of the servers
- Removed the dirty glassware, silverware, and plates after use by guests; set/reset tables
- Used Guest Center app to enter reservations and walk-ins, assign servers to tables, update table activity etc.
- Scheduled reservations and meticulously managed large customer crowds.
- Coordinated with staff members to ensure the availability of best service towards guests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of daily specials.
- Assisted in the closing and cleaning duties in relation to the shift.
- Conducted satisfaction surveys on new and existing clientele.
- Answered/screened calls; accepted and confirmed reservations.
- Established floor plans to streamline seating and traffic and maximize floor space.
- Assisted servers by taking guests their drink orders, food and sides.
- Communicated with servers about a new table or a large party that has been seated.
- Place new reservations into OpenTable through the phone or in person.
- Answered phones politely and promptly, conﬁrming reservations.
- Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures.
- Accommodated guests with special needs, including a child’s high chair or a buster seat, wheelchairs, and quieter spaces.
- Greeted guests as they walk into the door and seating everybody as they come in.