- Accurately and efficiently prepare healthy, delicious fish, meat and vegetable-based dishes.
- Prepare food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines.
- Verify proper portion sizes and consistently attained high food quality standards.
- Achieve and exceed performance, budget and team goals.
- Regularly interact with customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Enhance and maintain the central standardized recipe and ingredient repository, including nutritional and cost information.
- Cook and serve food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portions, temperature control procedures and facility policies.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers
- Order and maintain an inventory of food and supplies
- Positively engage with customers, offering menu information, providing suggestions and showing genuine appreciation for their business.
- Assist customers in placing special orders for large-scale events such as weddings and birthday parties.
- Verify freshness of products upon delivery.
- Develop menus, pricing and special food offerings to increase revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain smooth and timely operations in preparation and delivery of meals and kitchen sanitation.
- Change and sanitized all cutting boards, benches and surfaces when beginning a new task to avoid cross-contamination.
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards