- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Evaluate the freshness of the food and confirm that ingredients are stocked.
- Cook food in a timely manner to assure that every guest is pleased.
- Assure that my station is sanitized and properly closed at the end of the night.
- Selects and cuts bread, such as white, whole wheat, or rye and toast or grills bread, according to window prep-list
- Places meat or filling between bread slices
- Clean and sanitize kitchen and equipment
- Cut up fresh lettuce for the salads as well kale
- Fill dressing containers and make to go dressings as well
- Date and label every prep food with initials and managers approval
- Clean behind salad station, sweep and mop every morning and every night
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Prepare food for special dietary needs.
- Prepare and store all meat, poultry and vegetables and other food according to standard and following procedures closely.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and use kitchen appliances and equipment safely.
- Support the Head Chef in the general operation of the kitchen.
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift and ensure items are as ordered and standards are met.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of proper use and maintenance of all equipment in cooking station.
- Measure or weigh flour ingredients to prepare different foods
- Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be cooked.
- Ensuring that all health, safety and hygiene regulations are strictly adhered to at all time.
- Maintain knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
- Set-up the kitchen for the day’s operation.
- Prepared ingredients, such as meat and vegetables, needed to be used for food preparation purposes.
- Prepared food based on customer’s order.
- Ensured the cleanliness, orderliness and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Received and checked incoming goods delivered by suppliers and crosschecked company purchase order.