- Responsible for traveling to different residential and commercial locations on assigned routes and gathering accurate data regarding the amount of utilities (gas) used.
- Responsible for recognizing an abnormal output of utilities.
- Check meters on properties for defects and damage as well as for signs of utility theft with unauthorized connections to any systems.
- Spent many hours outdoors in all types of weather on foot and in the company vehicle
- Interact with customers at their homes answering billing questions
- Conduct daily meter routine.
- Completed maintains in meter boxes and replaced meter lids.
- Read over 400 meters daily and completed check reads.
- Reported damage to boxes and meters.
- Reported leaks, such as tailpieces, leak on the main or a leaking hydrant to construction.
- Utilized meter reading technology to locate the customer address, meter number and input the accurate reading for electrical consumption.
- Maintain excellent customer relations showing respect and common courtesy to customers and their property
- Noted and reported damaged meter equipment
- Completed and collected the hydro reads of scheduled and assigned routes on a monthly cycle (industrial/commercial and residential)
- Read residential and commercial water meters on an assigned route and recorded readings manually or electronically to a Sensus handheld device in a timely manner.
- Walked for long periods of time and worked in all weather conditions; drove a city vehicle to assigned route.
- Installed and replaced meters including Sensus iPERL smart water meters and meter registers; verified secure connections.
- Inspected meters and connections for defects and damage and indicated on the handheld device for necessary action.
- Responded to citizen’s questions, comments and concerns in a courteous manner.
- Cleaned, maintained and installed meter boxes; cleaned dirt and weeds in and around and trimmed bushes and trees obstructing meter boxes.
- Downloaded daily-weekly route data to the handheld device and performed special meter readings as requested through service orders.
- Collecting meter readings on site, reporting leakages, pipe burst, illegal consumption and high conumption.
- Organized and planned routes for final notice drop offs, verification and final reads
- Assisted the Water Distribution Department in removing and replacing main service lines and occasionally flushing fire hydrants.
- Maintained necessary supplies, tools, and equipment in City vehicle; inspected City vehicle daily and kept weekly reports of vehicle’s condition.