loader/ mattress builder/ panel quilter operator
- Works with a partner to take the pre-staged parts of the mattress
- Ensure safety, quality and productivity standards are met
- Work close with team to create a flow
- Lift an encased coil spring mattress assembly (40-45 lbs. each) from the floor and place it onto the waist high table
- Tended one or more automatic, multiple needle sewing machines (“quilters”) that quilt layers of materials used to make quilted panels or borders
- Removes mattresses and box springs from bagging machine and wheels to the loading dock
- Overvied staff working in a timely matter.
- Took charge of truck schedules.
- Statigically placed team members based on skill sets.
- Picked up slack when nessesary and helped team members in need.
- Kept labor costs in good standing.
- Loaded trucks in ways to make sure everything fit.
loader / unloader
- Maximized truck space by loading efficiently.
- Read and attached appropriate labels and tags to products and packages for identification purposes.
- Returned unused or empty pallets back to correct warehouse space.
- Loaded trailer truck with forklifts to drop freight.
- Grab bundles of wood and load them to be processed
- Wrap finished bundles properly
- Use a sit down forklift to load or move pallets (unfinished or finished)
- Lift boxes carefully and correctly to ensure that product inside boxes are not damaged.
- Moving and organizing products from inventory to pallets in a quick paced environment.
- Operating heavy machinery throughout the warehouse.
- Occasionally load trucks to increase productivity to fulfill orders faster.
- Maintaining steady pace working with a large group of people working toward the same goal.
- Listening to commands through a headset to get the product and double check the amount of items to certify the order is correct.