- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.port problems.
- Collect used bed-sheets, dishes, and trash from rooms.
- restock supply closets.
- take out trash and clean used dishes.
- assist other housekeepers as needed.
- Cross-trained in all housekeeping departments: housekeeping, laundry, day and night houseperson, as well as daily runner.
- Frequently relied on to keep the housekeeping team in the loop with front desk, upper management, and any projects or problems that needed to be addressed on our manager’s days off or when she was busy.
- Worked directly with the general manager to create and lead a team in assembling a secondary supply area in the event area of the building.
- Filled position as official representative from housekeeping department at safety meetings and the party planning committee for my ability to collect and relay information to my teammates and manager.
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Create a positive and engaging work environment; being responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, being respectful in every way; deliver a great experience.
- Responsible for constant cleanliness by providing and ensuring a clean environment for guests: Organize, clean, and maintain stock levels of department storage areas according to company’s cleanliness and safety standards.
- Assist housekeeping team with upkeep of supplies, removing dirty linens, and trash. Additional responsibilities include some custodial work. Deliver requested item(s) to guest units (irons, coffee, paper products,linen, amenities kitchen utensils, etc.)
- Make sure all lobby, common areas, and hallways are clean.
- Make sure guest have what they need for a comfortable stay.
- Empty waste baskets
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors., empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.