- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
- RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF THE KITCHEN.
- PLANNING , COOKING AND PRESENTING DELICIOUS DISH TO THE HIGHEST STANDARD .
- DESIGNING LAYOUT OF BUFFET AND MAKING ATTRACTIVE MENUS APPROPRIATE TO THE HOTEL STYLE AND GUEST PREFERENCES
- Ensure all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available for the various areas
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Teach new staff skills they require to perform their roles to the required standards
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development
- Marketing of new products and changes.
- Communication between a large team.
- Following strict guidelines and procedures set from a large head office.
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly
- menu planning
- ordering stock
- staff rostering
- overseeing staff and volunteers
- Plan and execute menu
- Process ordering and costing
- Entertain customer and oversee service
- Train new staff