- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employ
- Made sure that my staff clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
- Daily room inspections
- Order housekeeping supplies, inventory and hiring and firing
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Keeps the General Manager informed of pertinent information pertaining to the department and other related activities.
- Helps Purchase Manager with creating all Purchase Orders pertaining to housekeeping departmental requirements.
- Assists in the direct training program of the new housekeeping employees.
- Measure, analyze, report and communicate date/information about environmental performance and effectiveness.
- Responsible for maintaining In-house Laundry and its cost effective measures to reach profitability for the management.
- Supervised housekeeping and laundry personnel including hiring, firing, performance assessments, training and development
- Maintained efficiency and labor cost goals
- Ensured quality services are rendered in meeting guest requirements
- Scheduled staff in keeping with labor standards and forecasted tenure.
- Enforced policies and procedures
- Monitored and maintained level of sanitation in rooms, storage areas, laundry and restrooms
- Enforced set procedures for the acceptance, safety, and return on guest lost and found items
- Train and develop staff to meet company requirements.
- Cultivate a positive atmosphere with motivated high-performance employees.
- Adhere to operating budgets and correct for shortfalls.
- Create and maintain interior and exterior standards of cleanliness.
- Schedules team members in accordance with forecasted occupancy, and adjusts staffing as necessary for changes in occupancy
- Oversees inventory, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all linen, uniforms, cleaning supplies, guest rooms and restrooms supplies, laundry supplies, and housekeeping related machinery and equipment
- Controlling costs through constant check on consumption of cleaning materials and guest supplies.
- Assign housekeepers boards using Opra.
- Clean rooms when necessary.
- Preform monthly deep clean.
- Make sure inventory is ordered and put away upon arrival.