- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Ability to multitask
- Cultivate interest and passion within a new hire while teaching them the Starbucks standard in each position
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Follow Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Prepared coffee, straightened up chairs and table, opened register and carried out other closing procedures
- Advised customers on whole bean and bulk tea purchases, detailing origin, flavor and pairing recommendations.
- Maintained and operated espresso machines, blenders, commercial coffee brewers, coffee pots and other equipment.
- Served handcrafted drinks to over 50 customers daily.
- Developed and demonstrated skillful and creative latte art to engage customers.
- Record sales properly and prepare receipts.
- Quality customer service.
- Clean and safe work area maintenance.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Demonstrate the use of retail equipment, such as espresso machines.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Made and served café beverages per day with speed, quality and consistency.
- Prioritized drink requests while managing interruptions.
- Cleaned counters, machines, utensils and seating areas daily.
- Established rapport with customers by remembering names, personal preferences and allergy information.
- Maintained regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Prepared coffee, straightened up chairs and table, opened register and carried out other opening duties.