- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Developing story and content ideas, considering reader and audience appeal.
- Reading and editing articles to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Writing socially engaging, entertaining, and informative articles for the magazine and its social media accounts.
- Supporting senior staff with planning the content of the magazine according to the magazine’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
assistant editor / studio manager
- Review footage sequence by sequence to become familiar with it before assembling it into a final product
- Cut shot sequences to different angles at specific points in scenes, making each individual cut as fluid and seamless as possible
- Edit films and video to include music, dialogue, and sound effects
- Arrange films into sequences while correcting errors
- Trim film segments to specified lengths, and reassemble segments in sequences that present stories with maximum effect
- Set up and operate any camera, lighting equipment, audio equipment, and mobile editing stations
- Manage any and all aspects of the sound stage studio
- Writing company-oriented profiles for international and national brands from various verticals.
- Writing person-oriented profile articles.
- Working with the graphic team to decide on the overall theme and the layout of a new magazine issue.
- Taking interviews (telephonic and email).
- Reviewing and proof-reading articles written for magazines.
- Assisting the sales team in handling client grievances.
- Assisting the HR team in inducting new writers.
- Managed media and projects
- Editing short form, web-based promos
- Assist in reviewing and revising the format and syntax of news reports.
- Assist in finding potential news topics and searching for corresponding news photo resources.